Support your community!
No matter your interests or talents, Clean Ocean Action has a way for you to help our ocean.
2013 Events Calendar
• ALL YEAR - Waves of Action: Monthly projects for Super-storm Sandy relief. Join us and propose a project or volunteer. The projects will change as the needs of the communities’ change, as they move from recovery to rebuilding and restoration.
• May through October - Corporate Beach Sweeps, Sandy Hook, NJ: Corporate Beach Sweeps are designed to provide businesses fun, hands-on team-building activitities. Projects include beach cleanups and scavenger hunt activities on the beautiful Jersey Shore. Contact Zach McCue, Citizen Action Coodinator, for more information.
• October 19th (9am-12:30pm), Fall Beach Sweeps, 72 locations in New Jersey: Join us as we put hands in the sand and feet on the beach.
• October 10th Seaside Sunset fundraiser: Save the Date!
Photo courtesy Ryan Struck.
Help fund our science education programs -- join us at the Seaside Sunset, an event for the ocean by the ocean -- Thursday, October 10th at McLoone's Pier House.
Clean Ocean Action is seeking corporate sponsors and committee members for this event. Please contact us at development@ to find out how you can help. cleanoceanaction.org
• Aveda's Earth Month - April: Thank you to Aveda for all of your support! Events this year included a fashion show, a cut-a-thon, and a beach clean-up.
• Spring Beach Sweeps! On April 27th, concerned citizens up and down the New York and New Jersey coast came together to clean up our ocean. Thanks to all who participated!
• May - COA's Student Summit, Sandy Hook, NJ: The Student Summit is designed to provide NJ middle-school students an opportunity to experience hands-on, marine environmental education at the Jersey Shore.